There are many times when psychologists observe a group of people and end up getting an unexpected result. Even if the outcome of an observation of experiment isn't what the psychologist thought, it is still very important to report it in order to pass on the message to scientists. Also, when a patient see's a psychologist, they might also request to see a report of their symptoms/diagnosis, and how they will be treated.
Since reporting is such a key factor in this field, it is important to know how to develop a clear, detailed response in order to pass down your messages or findings to scientists or patients. Without learning the tools to writing, it would affect my position in this career negatively. Since our economy is so competitive, knowing these writing skills will automatically put me above someone who does not. Being familiar with writing reports will advance my knowledge in the growing field of Psychology.
Since reporting is such a key factor in this field, it is important to know how to develop a clear, detailed response in order to pass down your messages or findings to scientists or patients. Without learning the tools to writing, it would affect my position in this career negatively. Since our economy is so competitive, knowing these writing skills will automatically put me above someone who does not. Being familiar with writing reports will advance my knowledge in the growing field of Psychology.
Ava,
ReplyDeleteYou have a great grasp on what kinds of writing will be required of you in your future career. If you become very invested in your career, you may even be asked to publish studies on patients or diagnoses in scholarly journals. What kinds of assignments or learning do you think you will need to experience in order to get you to where you need to be in terms of verbal communication?
Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI feel that I will need to develop the skills of getting a clear point across. Sometimes in my writing I have so much to say that I don't know how to say it, and the point comes doesn't come out as clear as I would have hoped. If i learn how to do this, it will help me out in tremendous ways for my career that I am hoping to pursue. My reports and studies will be very advanced and easy to read.
I like your post because you pointed out some good points about your future career and the different task you may have to perform. Also you point out how writing isn't necessarily used in that profession but may need to be at anytime. I think writing is going to be used in any profession actually though.
ReplyDelete